In response to the COVID-19 pandemic...
In addition to continuing tele-therapy, BlueBird is open for in-clinic treatment and evaluations! We remain committed to your health and the health of our staff. We are taking every precaution possible to keep everyone safe. In addition to more frequent cleanings and hand washings...
- Our waiting room will remain closed. Check in with the front office when you get here. Tables and chairs are set up outside for you to relax or you may remain in your car during session. Please don’t leave Bluebird as we will need you to come in at the end of the session to get your child. One caregiver may come into the session if desired.
- We recommend wearing masks into the clinic for adults and children who can wear them. We understand that not all children will (and that is fine). Therapists will be wearing masks during their sessions so please talk to your child about it ahead of time so they are not surprised.
- For those with caregivers who are elderly or have a compromised immune system we are happy to further accommodate you and get your child from the car and bring them back out to reduce exposure. Please give us a call when you arrive so we can check you in.
- We will not see any children who are sick. Please cancel your appointment as soon as you know they are sick. Our attendance policy still stands as usual and fees will apply for late cancellations and no shows.
- Contactless payments are available (by tap, telephone, or securely placing credit card on file).
- Toys utilized during therapy sessions will be kept to a minimum. Toys will be sanitized before reuse. Fabric toys, carpeted swings, play dough, sensory bins and other difficult to clean objects will not be used.
- Tele-therapy has been an excellent therapy avenue for many of our clients. If you are currently taking part in tele-therapy, we encourage you to continue.